A grant or subsidy is any payment made by Wheldrake Parish Council to be used by an organisation or individual for a specific purpose in the furtherance of the wellbeing of the community, either generally, or for a specific purpose and which is not directly controlled or administered by Wheldrake Parish Council. The purpose of any grant or subsidy given by Wheldrake Parish Council is to support initiatives in the local community and to help create opportunities for the residents of Wheldrake that are not, as a matter of course, funded by Wheldrake Parish Council.
Guidelines for Grant Applications
1. It is a condition of any grant application that the group or project must bring direct benefit to the residents of Wheldrake. All applications must clearly demonstrate how this will be achieved.
2. Grant Aid application forms are available from the Clerk or from the Parish Council website. Application forms must be submitted along with the latest set of the group’s accounts in or before December for the following financial year. It is important that all questions on the application form are fully answered and that any appropriate additional information, which supports an application, is provided.
3. Grant applications cannot be made retrospectively.
4. The scheme provides start-up awards for new projects as well as grants for existing organisations. Applications will be considered for ongoing running expenses and individual projects.
5. Applications WILL NOT be considered from:
Organisations intending to support or oppose any particular political party or to discriminate on the grounds of race or religion
Private organisations operated as a business to make a profit or surplus
Local groups whose fund raising is sent to a central HQ for redistribution
6. Applications will not normally be considered from national organisations unless funds are to be used solely for projects in Wheldrake Parish.
7. Applications from religious groups will only be considered where a clear benefit to the wider community can be demonstrated irrespective of their re- Wheldrake Parish Council Grant Awarding Policy ligious beliefs. Compliance with this requirement will need to be demonstrated throughout the project.
8. Schools will not be grant aided for activities that take place during the school day unless, in the opinion of Wheldrake Parish Council, their application is for the benefit of the wider community.
9. Any grant must only be used for the purpose for which it was awarded unless the written approval of Wheldrake Parish Council has been obtained in advance for a change in use of the grant monies, and that any unspent portion of the grant must be returned to Wheldrake Parish Council by the end of the financial year in which it was awarded.
10. Although Wheldrake Parish Council will give as much help as possible, the administration of and accounting for any grant or subsidy shall be the responsibility of the recipient.
11. Wheldrake Parish Council reserves the right to request any further information that it deems necessary to assist the decision making process. Account will be taken of the amount and frequency of previous awards and of the extent to which funding has been sought or secured from other sources or own fund-raising activities.
12. Ongoing commitments to award grants or subsidies in future years will not be made. A fresh application will be required each year.
13. The size of any grant awarded is at the sole discretion of Wheldrake Parish Council.
14. Wheldrake Parish Council may make the award of any grant or subsidy subject to such additional conditions ad requirements, as it considers appropriate.
15. Wheldrake Parish Council reserves the right to refuse any grant application which is considered to be inappropriate to the objectives of Wheldrake Parish Council.
Download a copy of the grant application form by clicking on this link